SB1669 IS AN EXCELLENT BILL THAT WOULD BAN VACCINE MANDATES OF ANY KIND! It will be heard in the Senate State Affairs Committee TOMORROW, THURSDAY, MAY 6!
MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD:
1. Participate From Home – Email and Call the Committee Members
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
SAMPLE EMAIL MESSAGE:
I am writing you today to ask you to please VOTE YES ON SB 1669 which is scheduled for hearing in the State Affairs Committee on Thursday, May 6th.
No citizen of Texas should be forced or coerced into a medical procedure. Please vote YES on SB1669 to ban vaccine mandates.
Or use your own personal experience in your email to the committee regarding a breach of your private medical information which resulted in you experiencing bullying or discrimination based on vaccination status.
Call the Committee Members:
Chairman Bryan Hughes – 512-463-0101
Vice-Chair Brian Birdwell – 512-463-0122
Sen. Donna Campbell – 512-463-0125
Sen. Eddie Lucio, Jr. – 512-463-0127
Sen. Jane Nelson – 512-463-0112
Sen. Beverly Powel – 512-463-0110
Sen. Charles Schwertner – 512-463-0105
Sen. Judith Zaffirini – 512-463-0121
You may also choose to send a special note/call to thank Sen. Bob Hall who is the bill author and also on the committee.
Sen. Bob Hall – 512-463-0102
2. Participate IN PERSON at the Capitol – TWO ways!
A- Register For the Bill
Wear your TFVC shirt (or any RED shirt) and come to the capitol on THURSDAY at 8:15 (extremely time sensitive!) and use either your personal tablet or the Senate kiosks in the building extension to register FOR the bill. If you use your personal tablet, you must be connected to Capitol WiFi to be able to register. No masking. No testing. Quick, painless, and EFFECTIVE! Remember that only the north entrance is available this Session.
Learn more about the registration process here:
B- Canvas the Capitol with Jackie and Regan
Wear your TFVC shirt (or any RED shirt) and meet us in the Rotunda at 8:30am! We will visit legislator offices with literature and our personal stories on why vaccine mandates should be banned in Texas!
C- Testify For the Bill
Ready to dive into testifying orally during a hearing? We make it easy! Promise! You can write your own TWO-minute testimony or we’ll provide speaking notes for you.
Email Regan today to get more information: Regan@texansforvaccinechoice.com
More About SB 1669
This bill would prohibit discrimination regarding vaccination status and mandates for receiving or participating in the administration of vaccines and authorizing administrative penalties for those who violate the prohibition of the above.
Language from the bill (read the full bill here):
“DISCRIMINATION PROHIBITED. A person may not discriminate against or refuse to provide a public accommodation to an individual based on the individual’s vaccination history or immunity status for a communicable disease by:
- providing to the individual a public accommodation that is different or provided in a different manner than the accommodation provided or manner of providing the accommodation to other members of the public;
- subjecting the individual to segregation or separate treatment in any matter related to providing the public accommodation to the individual;
- restricting in any way the individual’s enjoyment of a public accommodation in a manner that distinguishes the individual’s enjoyment from the enjoyment of other members of the public;
- treating the individual differently from other members of the public in determining whether the individual satisfies any admission, enrollment, quota, eligibility, membership, or other requirement or condition that individuals must satisfy before a public accommodation is provided; or
- denying the individual an opportunity to participate in a program in a manner that differs from the manner the opportunity is provided to other members of the public.”